This time of the year we would like to remind everyone of a few thing related to the weather.
1. Never leave a pet unattended in a car.
2. Watch for signs your pet is too warm – panting, lethargy, searching for shade, etc.
3. Keep fresh cool water available at all times.
4. pests are a greater concern this time of year – mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, flies, mites, intestinal parasites…
5. Make sure to give/apple heartworm/flea/tick prevention annually – all year round.
6. Be cautious during picnics, bar-b-ques, get-togethers… corncobs, onions, hotdogs, burgers, grapes, alcohol and other foods/desserts can pose a problem for your four-legged friends. Also trash, water balloons, pesticides, fireworks…The list is endless I’m afraid.
7. Anxiety is something few think about until the fireworks start…
8. Dogs can and do escape yards and break their leads and run off. Check their enclosures and leashes and collars regularly and replace as needed. Microchip your pet! It is an identification that travels with your pet when the collar does not!!!
9. Keep your pets updated with vaccines. This time of the year you are socializing your pets too.
10. Vacations, camping and day trips can all have their own hidden dangers call your veterinarian for advice!
There are many other concerns and fun ways to protect your pet – call us today for suggestions and advice!!!